Sunday, September 19, 2010

11 lbs Down....5 Weeks In

Time for an update!! I've been doing this detox diet for almost 5 full weeks now, and I'd love to tell you that I've dropped about 20 pounds! Unfortunately, that isn't so:( I have dropped 11 lbs though. The weight is falling off MUCH slower than I'm used to, but at least it IS coming off. I feel like I'm fighting an uphill battle, but I will prevail!! Since I've gotten my fat ass back in the gym, I'm finding that I'm getting more and more tired. Today, I felt like I couldn't even drag myself out of bed...after sleeping for over 12 hours!! This is exactly how I felt before I started my thyroid meds. GRRRRR.
Anyway, my doc did another blood draw so we can see where all my thyroid, adrenals, hormones, etc levels are at now. I'm pretty sure he's gonna have to increase my thyroid meds. I will know for sure in a few weeks. It's like a battle because I need to workout to drop even a tiny bit of weight, but working out seems to be affecting my thyroid and/or adrenal function again. Hopefully, this will be resolved very soon. Until then, I will keep doing what I'm doing!
On the bright side, we had a birthday party for my son today at Jumpstreet, which is a place that is full of trampolines! I was able to jump a little!! I didn't do any flips or anything crazy, but I did jump a little bit. It did start to bother my knees, which is when I stopped. I know it wasn't much, but a few months ago, I would not have been able to jump at all with my knees the way they were. So, at least they are starting to get better. A small victory is still a victory!!!! BTW, I even stuck to my diet, except for a few bites of his giant cookie:) Also, I cannot believe my baby is 10 yrs old already! Time sure flies!!! Happy birthday, Jared!!!!

No comments: