Thursday, November 4, 2010

To Eat or Not To Eat; THAT is The Quetsion

Many people have been asking me what I am eating or not eating to lose weight. So, i want to share with everyone what I'm doing...and not doing!
First of all, let me remind you that I am NOT a doctor.  I am NOT a dietician either. I am doing what my doctor wants me to do for the time being. Some may have different dietary needs. I am also very "body aware," meaning that I know my body very well. I know how my body reacts/responds to different foods. I also try and listen to my body. 
I would like to mention as well, that on this "diet" I am usually not hungry, and I have not really been craving anything.  I do treat myself to a cheat MEAL(not to be confused with a cheat DAY) one night a week.  Lately, my choice of cheat food is sushi and sometimes some frozen yogurt, but it totally satisfies me! 
NOW, for the part you've been wanting to know.  I have 2 detox/protein shakes and 2-3 meals per day.  The protein and detox shakes I use are from a company called Xymogen, which a doctor has to order.  I also take the Xymogem mitochondria supplements. They have a neat kit you can get that has all the pills you need in a little convenient packet.  My meals consist of an "ideal protein" and an "ideal vegetable," which are listed in the attachments.  I also allow myself a little bit of fruit when I want it.
I also have to take my thyroid and adrenal medications along with several other supplements: Glucobalance(basically a multi-vitamin that also helps to keep blood sugars level), calcium d glucarate, vitamin d3,  adrenal support, and a weekly very small dose of B12 and testosterone...which is administered by my doctor.  He also does blood work regularly to track progress and levels of EVERYTHING.  
Let's not forget about exercise!! I believe a healthy weight loss requires good nutrition and exercise.  I would say it's 80%diet and 20% exercise, but you still need both!  I am in the gym 5-6 days/week.  I do 45-60 min of cardio (moderate intensity), ab/core work a few times per week, legs once per week, and stretching at least 4 times per week. For obvious reasons, I don't train back, chest, shoulders, or arms...but YOU should incorporate all body parts/muscle groups!  Last but not least, REST!!  Rest is very important!!!  I usually get at least 7 hours of sleep at night, sometimes more. 

I'm attaching the what to eat and what not eat sheets.  These are a basic guideline.  I wish you all the best and lots of success!!!

No comments: