Monday, November 3, 2008

Competition Agenda

Well, as many of you know, I have not stepped on stage this whole year. Wait! That's not totally true. I did make a guest appearance/performance at the Washington State Championships in July. As far as competing though...uh....nada. My plan was to compete at Jr. USA's in May. I didn't feel ready, so I decided to shoot for Jr. Nationals. By then, my heart wasn't in it anymore. I was extremely preoccupied with other things, and I didn't do that one either. So, now I'm at the point that I'm gonna have to re-qualify to do anything national(or jr's.)
My plan was then to compete at the Texas State show, which was to be on Nov. 1(last Sat.) I was totally motivated and ready to get on that stage and kick ass!! My prep was going well...until I came down with strep throat...3 times!!! Then, they decided that my tonsils needed to be removed. OMG, what an ordeal!! I have a very high pain tolerance, but HOLY MOLY...that was f***ing painful!!!! By the time I could get back in the gym, and get off the ice cream diet, I still didn't have enough endurance and energy to do what I needed to do. I had 5 weeks left til show time. I REALLY wanted to continue on to compete, but my body just couldn't do it. Q kept tellin me, "Babe, you have to live to fight another day. There will be more competitions." As much as it pained me to admit it, he was right.
My plan now, is to step on stage in March to hopefully get re-qualified. If I don't place well enough, I'll have another chance in April. My goal is to re-qualify at either one of those shows so that I can continue on to Jr. USA's and Jr. Nationals!!! My mind is made up, and I'm determined to get there!!
Next year, Q will also be preparing to step on stage and kick some ass! We will support eachother and bust our buns together!! He also needs to re-qualify so that he can return to the stage at the USA's at the end of July.
Something else we both think would be fun is to enter a show that has a couple's category!! There's one in Plano, Tx on June 6. I doubt that we'll do that one, but this is something we both want to do at some point...for fun!! Even though, I can't really do bodybuilding, I figure I can do what I can do! I think it could be a fun part of our routine for his arms to act as mine!
We are both extremely competitive. I've come to accept the way they place me, which is somewhat understandable. Q, on the other hand, has no reason(and no intent) to enter a competition without the goal of winning! I asked him if he could deal with us entering a couple's competition, knowing before we even enter, that we probably will not win. He said that he's ok with that! What a man, huh!!!!!
Anyway, that's my update!! Look for me on stage in March...and April, May, June!!!! I will keep you posted on the specifics!!

No comments: