Sunday, March 4, 2012

15 Weeks Down and 1 To Go

     This is my LAST week of contest prep before the big day!  I am SO excited!!  I feel like I am ready...at least as ready as I'm gonna be at this point.  Obviously, there is still room for improvement.  There always is!  I feel good about my routine, my posing, and my physique( except for that pesky glute area.)  
    Mon - Thurs. this week, I'll be doing a little less cardio, very light training, and a few more practices.  Thurs. and Fri. I'll be drying out and staying thirsty.  This part, I really hate.  I will park my butt in the sauna for a little while on both days and practice posing in there to help squeeze out the water.  I will be getting a pedicure at some point this week too.   Fri. night is tanning and check-ins and eating...yay!!  
Saturday is going to begin VERY early.  I'll be up by 5:30am to get my make-up on and pack some food before my awesome hair guy comes over at 6:30am to do my do;)  I have to be there to get one more coat of tan by 8am, meeting at 8:45am, and on stage at 10am!!  I can't wait!!!  I feel more ready than I have ever felt before any competition! It's a great feeling!  
     So, what am I looking forward to eating when the show is over?  It's weird, usually I am craving pizza and sweets.  Right now, all I really want is frozen yogurt and sushi...not together of course;)  Then, I want to go to Pappasito's when my kiddos and I get to Houston!  Other than that, I'm totally fine with what I'm eating now.  
     I am HOPING, and my toes are crossed, to re-qualify so I can go to Jr. USA's in May.  My plan is to get right back on track with training, cardio, and diet when I return from Houston. Hmmm....scratch that.  I'll get back on track with diet when my kids' spring break is over. I want to enjoy lots of stuff with them. They look forward to that when I'm competing. Anything for THEM, right? *wink, wink*

No comments: