Friday, November 12, 2010

Something Else to Keep Me Occupied??

Over the years, many people have asked me for nutrition/diet advice, training suggestions, weight loss help, etc.  I usually do what I can to help!!  This week though, for some reason, I've had 3 different people approach me to help them reach their various fitness goals. One friend of mine wants me to work with her daughter to get her in good condition for volleyball and help with her vertical jump.  Another lady wants me to help her out with "toning up" her body. In case you don't know how I feel about the term, "toning up," I HATE IT!!!  I feel like you either want to change your body composition, change the size/shape of your muscles OR you just want to be "skinny fat."  There's a t-shirt I like that reads,"Girls Tone, Women TRAIN."  Anyway, I will help her reach her goals, and we'll work on the terminology later:)  Another friend wrote to me today, wanting me to help her with a meal plan because she wants to compete in a show in about a year!  Of course, I am not a nutritionist or a personal trainer, BUT it's nice to know they believe in me and have confidence that I can help get them where they want to be!  After all,  I KNOW for a fact that I can do better than most of the "qualified" "trainers" I see working with people everyday.  At the very least, I know how to train safely and effectively.  I am excited to do what I can to help all of these ladies!!  

No comments: