Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Life Happens

I know, I know, I know....you haven't heard from me in quite a while. What can I say?  Sometimes life gets in the way of such important things as blogging. LOL.   2012 was not such a great year for me.  From around Feb. on, I was faced with making some huge decisions that I had hoped I'd never have to make.  These decisions really weighed me down for several months.  Finally, in Oct. I made some big choices that would be life changing.  It wasn't easy.  However, in the end, I did what I felt was best for everyone involved.  I am now having to practice some very tough love with one of my children, which is the hardest thing for me.  I love my boys more than anything in the world and want the best for them.  Having to be tough right now is what has to be done, but in the mean time, my heart breaks for him.  In the long run, he will be a better man because of this.  I do hope my other son learns from his brother's mistakes/choices.  Besides the issues and changes with my son,  there is another big change that I never wanted to happen.  I will maybe discuss that one at some other time, but then again...probably not.  All I'm going to say is that I NEVER thought I'd be single again, yet here I am...single again, which isn't necessarily a bad thing I guess;)  
So, moving on....in the last 3-4 months, I kinda hid inside my own little bubble, which is why I have not blogged in a while.  I just needed to deal with my own hurt and pain in my own way.  Thankfully, I've never been one to stay down for long!  Eventually, I get tired of being in my own bubble!  I'm now ready to live again!!  I am back in the gym, back in gymnastics, and back to life/reality!  I am ready to do what I've got to do to take off the weight I put on during this time of emotional turmoil.  I tend to feed my emotions with food in times like that, even though I realize it only makes things worse.  However, I'm ready to get back to my norm and be ME again!!   I have re-joined the land of the living, along with my friends and people who care.  I am so thankful for everyone who has been here for me through all of this.  They seriously were, and continue to be, my saving grace!  
I am still planning on competing again at Jr. Nationals in June! Contest prep begins the first Fri. of Feb!!  I already have a routine choreographed, which is one giant weight off my shoulders, thanks to Mika.  I just need to practice, practice, practice...and get back into shape!  I'm hoping to go on stage looking even better than I did last year, with the help of my new coach Dustin Franke!!  I'm also looking forward to going back to STS for posing practice!  I hope Kelli is ready for my sweaty self in her group again!! haha. 
I will TRY to post on here for y'all a little more regularly again.  Until the next time, stay positive and remember: "CAN'T" is NOT an option!!!

No comments: