Monday, September 30, 2013

What Now?

     Now that competition season is over for me this year, what am I doing??  I'm staying on top of all my motherly duties, first of all.  Raising two teenage boys is not an easy job!  As far as fitness goes though,  I'm still getting about 30 min. of cardio in at least 3 days per week.  I'm going to gymnastics lessons/practice 4 days per week, which is a good workout in and of itself!  I'm also doing legs once per week.  Now that the weather is cooling off a bit, I need to start hitting the bleachers more regularly again too.  
    As most of you know, I LOVE food!  I am a big eater!!  However, I am trying super hard this off season to stick to a clean meal plan, control the number of cheat meals I allow,  and not gain too much weight.  So far, it's going well.  Obviously, I'm going to put on a little weight, but hopefully not as much as I have in the past because it's not healthy, and it makes contest prep that much harder.
     So...goals for my off season....#1 - maintain a good weight and clean eating, and #2 - master the gymnastics/tumbling tricks I've learned and gain enough confidence to do them on any surface so I don't chicken out on stage again next year. 

No comments: