Monday, January 9, 2012

What's New This Week?

This week, my legs are feeling a bit fatigued. So, I'm going to go ahead and do only one leg day this week instead of two, but I am still going to focus on those problematic areas that I mentioned in one of my past blogs.  The double cardio sessions are going as well as can be expected.  The step mill and I .... well, we still have that love/hate relationship going on.  I don't expect that to ever change.  I am hoping to get working on my routine this week, which is exciting and scary all at the same time.  Most of the things I'll be doing in my routine are things that I have not done in a few YEARS.  I am extremely rusty, to put it mildly. In fact, after going over just a few things today with a friend at the gym, it was very apparent that my skills are not just rusty....they straight suck right now!  This is going to require A LOT of work!  Practice, practice, practice!  I am expecting my body to be hurting all over when I begin choreography and practices.  It's a good thing I have plenty of epsom salt on hand!  I've done this a million times before and survived. So,  I'm sure I will survive this again.  It isn't going to be easy though...not that it ever is!!  In the end, all the hard work will have been worth it, and I'm looking forward to it!  
When I hit the "8 weeks to go" mark, which will be Saturday, I'm changing up my diet a little bit. I'll be going from 2 days with no fats/2 days with fats to 3/2 for a few weeks.  Then I will switch it again to 3/1.  The last 3-4 weeks will be all proteins and asparagus/green beans/salads/cucumbers.  That is what I am NOT looking forward to.  Again, I will survive.  Although, at that point, I really feel for my family because I know I'm not exactly a joy to be around.  During that time, I don't even like being around me!!  I just hope they can remember that it is only temporary and be as understanding as possible!  As usual, I will keep y'all updated if I make any changes!  I also want to get some pics up sometime soon.  Maybe on Sat, I'll have Q take some pics.  :)  Have a great week!!  I hope you are keeping the resolutions you made!  Don't ever give up!  Remember --- "CAN'T" is NOT an option!

No comments: